The Northwest Horse Source





Join Reader Story Fridays! Click Here to View Story Submission Form


Friday, October 31, 2008

The Thrill of it All

First, hello everyone! I’m the “other” Karyn around her, Karyn “K.C.” Cowdrey, and many of you have met me as “K.C.” (short for, well, Karyn Cowdrey [grin]). If you’d like to know me a bit better, visit my bio at our About Us page.

Yesterday was a big day for the NWHS staff. For the first time in the history of the magazine, we did a full staff photo shoot. Horses, humans and even our office canine pal, Daze, participated.

We had a lovely overcast--but not too cold--day at Hovander Park in Ferndale, WA, and hopefully in December you will be able to view the results when you see our cover!

While this was a big day for the magazine, it was a thrilling day for me. How? Well, back in early June, my mare *CC Autumn Dancer (Dancer) injured herself with a mystery lameness and had not been sound for the past several months. It was not even certain she’d ever be sound again.

Dancer is the dream of a lifetime for me. I waited about 30 years to be able to afford a top quality purebred Arabian and have been working hard at training Dancer myself for Western Pleasure and possibly reining and reined cow horse. Then, disaster struck with her injury and I was just crushed.

Being able to feel my mare move freely and comfortably under me yesterday was like Christmas in October. It was the greatest gift I could ask for.

Sometimes it’s the little things in life that make our time worth the most. Enjoy your weekend and get out and ride. I hope you have a thrill of your own!

Photo by Randy Bourland

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's a great reward to see your horse come back from this injury. I know how much this mare means to you and it's good to see her getting back to her old self!

Karen

November 1, 2008 at 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Submit your photos and stories to us for The Cyber Saddle! We post a new photo every Monday and a new story every Friday. Share your funniest, scariest, most touching and exciting moments with the Northwest equine community. Submit stories (.doc, .rtf, or text in the body of an email) and photos (.jpg) to editor@nwhorsesource.com or use our Reader Story Submission Form. All rights remain with the writer/photographer.

 
Copyright © • Northwest Horse Source
Address: PO Box 717, Blaine, WA 98231
Phone: 360-332-5579 • Fax: 360-332-1826 • Email: info@nwhorsesource.com
Disclaimer/Terms of Use