The Northwest Horse Source





Join Reader Story Fridays! Click Here to View Story Submission Form


Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thank You!

by Karen Pickering




Hey, I know it’s time for the holidays and we all get caught up in the holiday frenzy, so before it hits I just want to say thank you. It's important to me to let my readers and advertisers know how much I appreciate them. We’re celebrating our 13th anniversary this December, and it’s a real milestone for me.



A few core advertisers have seen this magazine through many years, and I am truly grateful for their support. I appreciate the readers who have let our advertisers know they saw an ad in our magazine, which is the best way to tell an advertiser their support has been worth the time and thought they put into their ads. I am also thankful for the readers who have emailed or called to let us know how much they enjoy the magazine. It really makes all of this worthwhile.



Huge thanks to my staff. They’ve stuck with the magazine and have really supported our mission to be the best educational equine resource we can be for all breeds and disciplines in our region. It’s not quite what I had in mind when I wrote in my senior annual "My dream is to someday work with horses," but I’ve realized that dream in a rewarding--and slightly roundabout--way!



My heart goes out to those who are struggling on their own paths to their own dreams. Take heart! You’re not alone, and you will get there. Just be creative in your approach to a changing world. Defy the odds and make it work. Don’t quit!



Feel free to share your thoughts and struggles in the comments below or by writing or calling NWHS. It's a great way to find support in the Northwest horse community.



Happy Thanksgiving!

Pictured: NWHS staff at Hovander Park in Ferndale, WA. Photo by Randy Bourland.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Submit your photos and stories to us for The Cyber Saddle! We post a new photo every Monday and a new story every Friday. Share your funniest, scariest, most touching and exciting moments with the Northwest equine community. Submit stories (.doc, .rtf, or text in the body of an email) and photos (.jpg) to editor@nwhorsesource.com or use our Reader Story Submission Form. All rights remain with the writer/photographer.

 
Copyright © • Northwest Horse Source
Address: PO Box 717, Blaine, WA 98231
Phone: 360-332-5579 • Fax: 360-332-1826 • Email: info@nwhorsesource.com
Disclaimer/Terms of Use