The Northwest Horse Source





Join Reader Story Fridays! Click Here to View Story Submission Form


Friday, December 19, 2008

A Tribute to Mica

Today, we're posting a story from a longtime supporter of NWHS. Barb, our thoughts are with you in this difficult time. I remember seeing Mica in action at the Mane Event last year: he was truly a kind and beautiful horse. (~Deb Taber, Editor)


From Barb Apple:
This Life is full of things to be grateful for, like all my wonderful friends, the people I love, the list could go on and on.  I have had so many blessings in my life.  But the gratitude I feel for having shared the life of my noble and beautiful friend Mica is hard to put into words.  And what's even harder is to tell you all that he is no longer with me on this physical plane.

Mica was put down this last weekend because of a broken leg.  It is uncertain as to how this happened, but he was the stoic and proud gentleman he has always been right to the last.

Mica was a teacher and an amazing soul.  Thinking of my life without him is more than I can imagine right now.  He did whatever I needed or asked of him with grace, nobility and enthusiasm.  No ride was boring to him, and every task was worth his best.  Oh, that I could live my life with such dignity.
      
Mica has touched the lives of many people over the years as he traveled with me.  I know many of you may have a special memory of him.  If you would like to share a special memory you have, a short story or an impression of meeting him, I would love to have them.  I will take what you write and make a special tribute to my dearest ever friend.  I think he would love to read them himself as he so loved his role as mentor and friend to us all.

The poem below sums up better than I ever could who my "soul mate" was. I will miss his physical presence more than I can say, but he lives every moment in my heart.

"Mica"
THE HORSE 
by Ronald Duncan

Here is nobility
without Conceit
Friendship without Envy
Beauty without Vanity
A willing servant
yet NO slave!

Please send photos, written stories or bits to share to:  horseplay1@barbapple.com  

or send to: Barb Apple, PO Box 825, McKenna, WA 98558

(if anyone has video footage I could put on a DVD I would so love that)

Thank you,

Barb and Feather

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Submit your photos and stories to us for The Cyber Saddle! We post a new photo every Monday and a new story every Friday. Share your funniest, scariest, most touching and exciting moments with the Northwest equine community. Submit stories (.doc, .rtf, or text in the body of an email) and photos (.jpg) to editor@nwhorsesource.com or use our Reader Story Submission Form. All rights remain with the writer/photographer.

 
Copyright © • Northwest Horse Source
Address: PO Box 717, Blaine, WA 98231
Phone: 360-332-5579 • Fax: 360-332-1826 • Email: info@nwhorsesource.com
Disclaimer/Terms of Use