The Northwest Horse Source





Join Reader Story Fridays! Click Here to View Story Submission Form


Friday, December 26, 2008

Who to leave in charge?

by Karyn "K.C." Cowdrey

First, I hope everyone is having a really happy holiday season! I know many of you were getting weary of the snow this week, but I, for one, have to admit I love it!

I love the clean, white look of freshly fallen snow. I love watching the horses make snow angels and my dogs roll and dive into the white stuff. I love driving on it. I just love snow.

I do not particularly like the frozen pipes in my barn and hauling at least six buckets of water a day from my neighbor's place, but it is a small price to pay for a rare white Christmas in Northwest Washington!

Because I love the snow so much, I’m actually off on some snowmobile adventures, taking a break for the week from the busy, hectic schedule I call a life. Leaving your house for 11 days is challenge enough, but if you have three horses and three dogs you’re leaving behind, what do you do?

I am fortunate enough to have a wonderful neighbor, Kerri, who pitches in and feeds animals and cleans stalls. This year I think I’ll owe her a spa day when I get back. Who do you leave in charge of the care of your animals when you are away?  

Drop me a note and let me know; in the meantime, stay warm, stay safe and ride!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Submit your photos and stories to us for The Cyber Saddle! We post a new photo every Monday and a new story every Friday. Share your funniest, scariest, most touching and exciting moments with the Northwest equine community. Submit stories (.doc, .rtf, or text in the body of an email) and photos (.jpg) to editor@nwhorsesource.com or use our Reader Story Submission Form. All rights remain with the writer/photographer.

 
Copyright © • Northwest Horse Source
Address: PO Box 717, Blaine, WA 98231
Phone: 360-332-5579 • Fax: 360-332-1826 • Email: info@nwhorsesource.com
Disclaimer/Terms of Use