The Northwest Horse Source





Join Reader Story Fridays! Click Here to View Story Submission Form


Friday, January 30, 2009

I Am Horsewoman, Therefore I Shop

Last week I attended the Whatcom County Hill and Valley 4-H Tack Sale held in Laurel, Washington. Being the quintessential horse owner on a tight budget, I can’t resist a tack sale, tack auction, garage sale that lists tack for sale, or a tack store that has a clearance sale going on.

This trip proved to be fruitful. There is a portable vacuum/blower unit I’d been coveting in one of the many equine supply catalogs I have sent to me monthly, and I found one for about 1/3 of the price of a brand new one. Fortunately for me, I had managed to save a bit of money in my horse budget this past month, so the cash was there for the spending!

Because I’m gearing up for show season on a tight budget this spring, I’ve been carefully mapping my "shopping events" and budgeting for those items I still need, like a new-to-me pair of show chaps and a silver snaffle bit for my gelding.

One great tool I've been using to help plan which tack sales and auctions to attend is our very own Northwest Horse Source Events Calendar. If you haven’t visited the calendar lately, you might want to check it out (click here).

But don't bookmark it yet! Our new and improved version is coming next week, so check out the link above to find something to do this weekend, then come back next week for the new permanent link and an easier-to-use format for both finding events and posting your own. Don't worry if you have an event posted to the old calendar—all events there will be available on the new calendar as well.

In the meantime, get out and Ride!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Submit your photos and stories to us for The Cyber Saddle! We post a new photo every Monday and a new story every Friday. Share your funniest, scariest, most touching and exciting moments with the Northwest equine community. Submit stories (.doc, .rtf, or text in the body of an email) and photos (.jpg) to editor@nwhorsesource.com or use our Reader Story Submission Form. All rights remain with the writer/photographer.

 
Copyright © • Northwest Horse Source
Address: PO Box 717, Blaine, WA 98231
Phone: 360-332-5579 • Fax: 360-332-1826 • Email: info@nwhorsesource.com
Disclaimer/Terms of Use