The Northwest Horse Source





Join Reader Story Fridays! Click Here to View Story Submission Form


Friday, January 23, 2009

Planning Ahead

Last night on my hour-long drive home from riding my gelding I was mentally going over everything I need to accomplish between now and March 13th when we head out for our first show. I have tack that needs serious deep show cleaning, a camper that I will have to get de-winterized and ready for use (plus licensed and reinsured for the season), show clothes that need to be altered to fit better (I’ve lost a bit of weight!), and I need to start ordering some common show supplies like hoof polish, body shine, etc. The list is big. 

Then it dawned on me that I need to create a list with target deadline dates so I can make sure I get these things done in a timely fashion. What kinds of things do you do to better organize yourself for going to shows or clinics, a day on the trails, a week of camping, etc?

You can post your ideas here under our comments section or email me directly at Karyn@nwhorsesource.com.   I would love to put together a resource to share with all of you so we all can ensure we’re as prepared as possible, with minimal effort, for those things we enjoy doing.

In the meantime, put on some extra clothing layers to ward of the chill and get out and ride!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Submit your photos and stories to us for The Cyber Saddle! We post a new photo every Monday and a new story every Friday. Share your funniest, scariest, most touching and exciting moments with the Northwest equine community. Submit stories (.doc, .rtf, or text in the body of an email) and photos (.jpg) to editor@nwhorsesource.com or use our Reader Story Submission Form. All rights remain with the writer/photographer.

 
Copyright © • Northwest Horse Source
Address: PO Box 717, Blaine, WA 98231
Phone: 360-332-5579 • Fax: 360-332-1826 • Email: info@nwhorsesource.com
Disclaimer/Terms of Use