The Northwest Horse Source





Join Reader Story Fridays! Click Here to View Story Submission Form


Friday, February 13, 2009

Sunshine, Horse Trailers and Fun!

This is our hectic week at the magazine where we all  burn extra hours and energy working hard to make the next issue of  The Northwest Horse Source appear at your local distributor on time. Things are looking great for the March issue with some wonderful articles on farm and barn care and management, so watch for it in a few weeks! 

And now the sun is shining and I have lucky Friday the 13th off to spend the day with my best friend (human best friend that is!) and our horses and trainer.   I am very excited for this afternoon.  Remembering to get out and have some fun with our horses and our human friends is how we can keep ourselves balanced; the day to day stresses of life can melt into the background for a while. 

On my ‘chore’ list for today is to pull my well-worn but still useful horse trailer up to the shop and start the task of cleaning it up and preparing it for sale so it can find a new home that has need of an affordable and safe trailer.  As I prepare for the sale, I have time to think about all the adventures I've had with this trailer, including hauling my wild Mustang to his first training session, driving to Calgary, Alberta and back to bring home my Arabian gelding, hauling my Arabian mare and her 5-day-old filly home to my farm, and my first schooling show with my mare. Then there was the trip home after a scary fall off a steep bank on a trail ride. I remember how thankful I was to still have my horse alive and not too injured.  So many memories and all of them good as I look back. 

While I'm walking down memory lane, I will also be busy planning for the new trailer that is going to lead me to new adventures along the way.   Do you have a favorite trailer adventure you’d like to share with us?  Drop me a line at Karyn@nwhorsesource.com or use the handy “comments” feature here at the blog. 

In the meantime, get out and ride!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Submit your photos and stories to us for The Cyber Saddle! We post a new photo every Monday and a new story every Friday. Share your funniest, scariest, most touching and exciting moments with the Northwest equine community. Submit stories (.doc, .rtf, or text in the body of an email) and photos (.jpg) to editor@nwhorsesource.com or use our Reader Story Submission Form. All rights remain with the writer/photographer.

 
Copyright © • Northwest Horse Source
Address: PO Box 717, Blaine, WA 98231
Phone: 360-332-5579 • Fax: 360-332-1826 • Email: info@nwhorsesource.com
Disclaimer/Terms of Use