The Northwest Horse Source





Join Reader Story Fridays! Click Here to View Story Submission Form


Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Getting Healthy, Getting Committed

I'm sure the readers of this blog know that both my horse and I have had some health issues. A daily regime of exercise for my horse has made it pretty clear that she’s not the only one on her way back to getting healthy. I, too, am making the slow road to recovery.

I’m pictured here with my other mare, Dawn, who is 24 years old, on a trail ride at Bridle Trails State Park in Kirkland, WA early this year. While Dawn has been relatively free from lameness and health issues, she, like me, is getting older. We don’t bounce back like we once did. Conditioning has become more important and more necessary.

It isn't just the physical activity that improves with a healthier body. The magazine business is down and morale is more of a challenge. It’s unfair to expect my faithful steed to carry me all day without any condition, so I guess it’s unfair to expect that I can work at 100% capacity without taking care of myself as well.

I’m committing to getting both my horses and myself back in shape. Will you join me? I can’t wait to experience renewed vitality and health. Let me know how you plan on getting both you and your horses healthy, and maybe we can share the trials and successes together!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Submit your photos and stories to us for The Cyber Saddle! We post a new photo every Monday and a new story every Friday. Share your funniest, scariest, most touching and exciting moments with the Northwest equine community. Submit stories (.doc, .rtf, or text in the body of an email) and photos (.jpg) to editor@nwhorsesource.com or use our Reader Story Submission Form. All rights remain with the writer/photographer.

 
Copyright © • Northwest Horse Source
Address: PO Box 717, Blaine, WA 98231
Phone: 360-332-5579 • Fax: 360-332-1826 • Email: info@nwhorsesource.com
Disclaimer/Terms of Use