The Northwest Horse Source





Join Reader Story Fridays! Click Here to View Story Submission Form


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Our World is Ever-Changing

One thing is certain in life: things will always change. I’m someone who resists change, much like the horse who wants to be fed at the same time every day and stick to the comfortable routine. When things disrupt my daily schedule I tend to get stressed.

When change happens we often can only control how we respond to it. Recently, we’ve had major changes with the magazine, ranging from working on developing a new website to staff changes. My hope is that everyone finds their path, enjoys the journey and is truly happy doing the work they do. It’s much the same with our horses. I think we find great success with our horses when we find their strengths and capitalize on them as individuals.

Learning to understand our equine partners has a great effect on us. I think they give us much in return. We must be patient to get the desired response; we must know when to correct them, and do it justly. We need to give them the freedom to do things right, and the best way to do this is to make the choice to do the right thing easier than misbehaving.

If we could just take these lessons and translate them into our daily lives, I think we would find great success with people.

I’m grateful for the horses in my life. They have taught me patience and courage; they've responded with a friendly nicker when I’ve had a tough day. They are always there to listen, take care of me on a ride and help me enjoy life’s journeys. For that, I am grateful.

Let me know how horses have impacted your life!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Submit your photos and stories to us for The Cyber Saddle! We post a new photo every Monday and a new story every Friday. Share your funniest, scariest, most touching and exciting moments with the Northwest equine community. Submit stories (.doc, .rtf, or text in the body of an email) and photos (.jpg) to editor@nwhorsesource.com or use our Reader Story Submission Form. All rights remain with the writer/photographer.

 
Copyright © • Northwest Horse Source
Address: PO Box 717, Blaine, WA 98231
Phone: 360-332-5579 • Fax: 360-332-1826 • Email: info@nwhorsesource.com
Disclaimer/Terms of Use