The Northwest Horse Source





Join Reader Story Fridays! Click Here to View Story Submission Form


Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Favorite Things

Too much to do, not enough time or energy, how am I to get it all done? The horses stare at me as if I’m a stranger. The dog begs for attention. What am I to do?

I can go down the path of pity in a big hurry. So when I’m feeling lonely or sad I try to focus on the things that make me smile, give me hope, and energize me. I know that now is a difficult time. I feel as though I’m being tested. Perhaps I am.

To get back on track and on the positive I do the following:

1) Make a list of all I’m thankful for. Being grateful seems to melt the frustrations of the day.

2) Make a list of the things that make me happy.

3) Do something nice for someone else. Take the focus off myself.

4) Create a list of things I’d like to do but haven’t taken the time for.

When I was much younger my mom recognized a love and talent within me. She sent me to art school at a very long age where I discovered this talent and passion. I loved to draw and paint. I would spend hours reading horse books and then drawing all the fun things I was doing with my imaginary horse. I believe it’s one of the missing pieces in what makes me happy today. A talent or desire should be explored. I haven’t drawn anything in years.

I recently received a DVD titled “Secrets of Drawing Horses” Level 1, Connecting with the Essence of Horses with Kim McElroy. It’s been sitting on my desk for nearly two weeks begging to be opened. I haven’t even broken the seal. I’m so anxious to watch the DVD, yet I’m holding back as I feel guilty with so much work to be done and being so far behind. What a horrible thing to be so driven by guilt.

Here’s what I’m going to do. By next week’s blog entry I will have watched the DVD and share the contents with you. If you’d like a sneak preview of the DVD visit http://spiritofhorse.com/store/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=467

I look forward to exploring this silent desire within me and I invite you to do the same. Take a talent or skill and nurture it. See what happens. I look forward to sharing the Secrets of Drawing Horses, Level 1 with you next Wednesday.

Please share your hidden talents with me. I’d love to share your thoughts on our blog. After all, we’re a community of horse people! I’ll connect with you next week!

Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Submit your photos and stories to us for The Cyber Saddle! We post a new photo every Monday and a new story every Friday. Share your funniest, scariest, most touching and exciting moments with the Northwest equine community. Submit stories (.doc, .rtf, or text in the body of an email) and photos (.jpg) to editor@nwhorsesource.com or use our Reader Story Submission Form. All rights remain with the writer/photographer.

 
Copyright © • Northwest Horse Source
Address: PO Box 717, Blaine, WA 98231
Phone: 360-332-5579 • Fax: 360-332-1826 • Email: info@nwhorsesource.com
Disclaimer/Terms of Use