The Northwest Horse Source





Join Reader Story Fridays! Click Here to View Story Submission Form


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Quality Horse Time

I envy those of you who are actively riding and enjoying your horses. I miss the weekly arena rides with friends and the weekend trail-riding excursions. After my mare, April, was diagnosed with Navicular, I decided to give her this year off. We may take a gentle trail ride or two this summer but it’s time she goes barefoot and rests for the season. Sounds like something I’d like to do!

I’m dusting off the old mare, Dawn, and seeing if she can pack me around for a season. At 24 she still looks and feels great. Her back is showing her age a little but she is just as fresh and active as she was at half this age. She can’t do the hard-core riding I was doing last year but I can still hang with friends and enjoy the outdoors. I think Dawn enjoys being useful again.

We’ve been working very hard on updating the website to bring you more great resources and easier search capabilities. We’ll have a really cool business and club directory with added features. There’s still a lot to be done and I don’t know exactly when we’ll launch but we’ll make the announcement soon. I’ve given up a pile of riding time so I hope you enjoy the new website.

Keep up with all our latest news through the reader newsletter. These are sent out twice monthly. We have the upcoming issue teasers, horse keeping tips and even some Northwest News. If you haven’t signed up yet please visit the homepage of our website and sign up.

I appreciate the comments that are submitted. We’re populating the new website with all the blogs and comments so make sure and keep sending them. I really appreciate the interaction. You can make a comment below this article or email me: karen@nwhorsesource.com. Have a great week and enjoy some quality horse riding time!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Submit your photos and stories to us for The Cyber Saddle! We post a new photo every Monday and a new story every Friday. Share your funniest, scariest, most touching and exciting moments with the Northwest equine community. Submit stories (.doc, .rtf, or text in the body of an email) and photos (.jpg) to editor@nwhorsesource.com or use our Reader Story Submission Form. All rights remain with the writer/photographer.

 
Copyright © • Northwest Horse Source
Address: PO Box 717, Blaine, WA 98231
Phone: 360-332-5579 • Fax: 360-332-1826 • Email: info@nwhorsesource.com
Disclaimer/Terms of Use